Sunday, June 26, 2022

I Don't Live in the Past...

This morning, I was reading some comments about the Bible said this and the Bible said that. I was thinking about these stories of the past, as well as other religious books and their stories that I've read over the years. 

From them, we've learned that these are the foundation stones upon which our spiritual insights are based, but we don't live today as they did back then. In many areas, around our planet, we are a very advanced society today, because of science and technology. Hopefully, we will continue advancing into our future, because life is all about change. 

Of course, this doesn't mean we still can't live by the Golden Rule, which I believe is the main rule from what we've, hopefully, learned from many of these religious and historical stories. We can have advancements but we should still try and treat others as we want to be treated... as humanly possible. 

Anyway, as I was reading comments and trying to justify past and present, I heard: If I don't want my children living in the past, what makes anyone think I am? 

I believe I got my answer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment