Sunday, June 5, 2022

Pride Goes Before A Fall

I had a dream this morning that I was yelling at a young woman sitting at a table with some others (my feelings were she was a member of Congress), because she had said something sarcastic to me about being unimportant (or something along those lines). The discussion had been on our current economy.

I told her that my background in bookkeeping/accounting, as well as my knowledge of past history, regarding economic topics, were more important then her just holding a position with little to no knowledge of this. That this attitude is what creates problems in our country. Too many have little knowledge of economics or our laws. But what's worse is when they show their ignorance with arrogance or judge another that's there to help. 

Yes, I was a tad angry in the dream, because it's what I've seen for years with people being elected. They're going to change the country, or the world, but most are ignorant to many things and then get mad when anyone tries to advise.

When I was younger, I wouldn't dream of being so arrogant or acted as if I knew everything. Today, especially with the comments from some on social media, the idiocy, hubris, and arrogance that I see and sense is outrageous. 

Afterwards, I started thinking about that saying, "pride goes before a fall" and that maybe this dream was a warning. Which is why I decided to write about it, because it's been on my mind ever since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment