Saturday, April 29, 2023

Grace of God

If you ever feel your life is overwhelming, try watching another's. I've often found my troubles are minimal when I see another, or others, who may be worse off. 

Seriously, it puts things in perspective. 

One night, back in the early ninties, I was watching the evening news and my oldest daughter asked me how did I do it? How could I've gone through all I've have, and still was, without being an emotional wreck and constantly in tears?

I looked at her and said: By watching the news. Just when I thought I was at a breaking point and going to have a pity party, God would show me how well off I really was compared to another. 

Like the saying... "there but for the Grace of God go I."

Of course, this wasn't to undermine my hurt and pain, but to help me understand that it could be worse. It would help me create feelings of compassion and gratitude instead of self-pity and anger. 



No comments:

Post a Comment