Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Can't See the Forest for the Trees

Lately, I've been hearing, "Can't see the forest for the trees." I just heard it again. The feeling I get is that there are some people, on all sides, who are concentrating on a particular area/subject/topic (self-serving) and not seeing the "bigger picture" when it comes to President Trump and America.

Sadly, I see where their hate or desires are causing them to nitpick over what many feel are little things compared to this bigger picture. I've even read or heard these "prayers" for the personal things people want. I've had my moments too.

However, I've learned that "no" can often be the best answer to our prayer. I discovered this at a young age, living within a big family, that not everything was about me and my wants. As much as I hated hearing no, I understood, after the reason was given, the higher purpose behind it. My parents saw the forest while I was only looking at the trees.

Even with the path I'm on, in this life, it's been fraught with setbacks. I've often heard not now or no. Because of this, I've learned about control and letting go, whenever necessary, by looking for and accepting any bigger picture. In other words, in the higher realm of things, and through reasoning and understanding, the universe, like my parents, showed me the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment