Sunday, May 24, 2015

Crucify Him!

Many times, while reading hateful Facebook comments, condemning another or others, I get this mental image of people yelling out "crucify him." Just as we know from when Mark (15:13) told us what the angry crowd said about Jesus: And they cried out again, Crucify him.

It's the typical angry mob mentality of self-righteous indignation, as if they are above anything similar or have a flawless character. They're so fast at pointing a finger without knowing, or remembering, that "someone" knows how to see into their soul ... can see their truth within.

The impression I get is that they know they've sinned but they feel their sin is less than another's. When they point a finger at another's, it's their way of saying that someone else is a bigger sinner and now people will stop looking at my sin.

Their hurt says: no one understood my path, so I'm not going to understand theirs. So, they yell in chorus, crucify him! However, what they are really saying is, if you do this, it will take the heat off of me. I want to redirect the hate and anger from my sins onto another.  

Therein lies the path of hypocrisy.

Therein lies the path of hurtful repetition throughout history.

Therein lies the negativity, which illicits more negativity and not healing.

When will we ever learn to stop crucifying another in order to justify our sins?


No comments:

Post a Comment