Monday, December 9, 2013

Coveting: Poor in Spirit

The other day I saw another "let's slam a corporation because I don't know what I'm really talking about" comment.
 
Ever since then, I was being constantly reminded and shown how these large corporations contribute to numerous charities to help those that would not have this help without their kindness.
 
I was even asked to look up Walmart as one of these corporations. This is what I discovered (below link). As in other corporations, Walmart contributes milllions of dollars annually towards charities all over.
 
Another thing I was told this morning was this: when we sit in disgruntled attitudes, we focus on our problems and not our solutions. We are reflecting our jealousy and discontent instead of the positive we truly wish to have; we negate ourselves.

Many of these people and corporations struggled to accomplish what they did. Not everything is as it seems. Not everyone was handed their fame or fortune on a silver platter. Walk a mile in their shoes before you judge them.
 
Also, as one of the ten commandments states: do not covet your neighbor's goods. When we do this, it may push us into disobeying another commandment - do not steal. I sense a lot of people's discontent, in another's fortune, because they want more than what they have including demanding others to give more than what they think they may be giving. I read it all the time: give me, give me, give me. To the point that I feel that they feel they have a right to another's possessions, with demands that are near to stealing.
 
Yes, stealing! Why? Because you haven't earned it, you're asking for it to the point of wanting to take it ... steal it.
 
Where has it been written that anyone has to give to anyone?  Life has never been fair. I repeat, throughout history life has never been fair. Yet, there are those who are trying to be ... including big corporations. They may even feel like giving more if they didn't feel that we demanded too much of them. Think about it.
 
Isn't it better to be kind to yourselves and reflect that kindness to the people around you? To be gracious for what you have and not disparage what you don't have? Changing your attitude may change your life. Maybe it's your attitude that causes another to withhold helping.
 
My life's experiences have shown me that the people who are truly poor are poor in spirit. When I was a child we did not have a lot of material things but we had a happy home. I can even remember in my early adult life, as a struggling, single parent trying to make ends meet but due to my childhood years, I knew what to do to stay positive. I didn't lament over what I didn't have but worked toward getting what I needed. It worked.
 
Remember, there's no pocket in that last shirt you wear ... that goes for corporations too. Greed isn't always those big guys. Are you wanting what you've earned or are you wanting what others earned?
 

  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I knew I said I'd wait until tomorrow :) but yeah right lol I'll comment now! So I get what you're saying. I think it could help if those who are asking imagine themselves having worked hard to save only to have people judge them as greedy. After a while you get to a point (regardless of how much you have) where you may just feel used and not viewed as human anymore, but an ATM. Does anyone respect or acknowledge my hard work, or do they just see the end results? Should I be frugal because someone may judge me? These shouldn't be things someone has to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry that people in wealth may be misunderstood to some extent. So much so that they aren't viewed as humans. What helped me is to read books on people who have gain financial wealth. Or even just stories from people who are on the wealthier side of the spectrum (they don't bleed money!Surprise!!) I feel for the less fortunate, I truly do. And to some extent I understand their frustrations. But obtaining wealth from nothing is something some people have done. They have sacrificed pleasure to save. I'm by no means a wealthy person, but reading what it takes to get from one end to the next did open my eyes! I use to think similarly as those less fortunate (though I don't quite recall ever wanting more. Just a few toys here and there lol) but then I wonder if I'd ever truly want to take on the burden of being a wealthy person. Then I realized that I'm fine being average and live with ease. Save up for vacations and leisure items without worry is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does help to educate yourself. Not everyone is arrogant or selfish as has money. A perfect example is the late Prince (the singer) for years he was donating thousands of dollars in secret. They only found out after inspecting his house upon his passing. Not everyone will up and tell others that they are wealthy. And more than likely those splurging their money are the new money, not the old money. People from old money can spot these people out a mile away. They grew up in wealth no need to throw it in everyone's face. I'm more focused on those in wealth who are vain or inconsiderate. In the same way that I focus more on the positive people with very little. Learn how they becamr wealthy and apply it to your own life. Don't hate what they have to teach you. Maybe this separation is a lesson for some to learn. Who knows. :) compelling article

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your insight, Mon, and I apologize for not replying sooner. I never saw this. I'm now discovering that I'm not getting emails when comments are made. I'll have to check more often. 😘

    ReplyDelete