Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Democrats: Selling Out America

First, I like to start with stating these are my feelings and I'm not forcing anyone to believe anything. I'm only sharing what I've been sensing for a very long time.

In fact, I actually shared my feelings of uncertainty, about Hillary Clinton, to some people a long time ago and mentioned that I kept "seeing" this deceitful cloud around her that kept me from believing in her. Maybe it is only the saying: too much water under the bridge. Yet, I felt there was something she was hiding or something being blocked from me. Either way, I felt it wasn't good. Something was up and I wasn't allowed to know. No problem, I'll go with the idea that I'll know when I'm allowed to know.

Also, I like to state that I was a card carrying Democrat and fought and marched for ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) before it was a popular thing to do. This was when I was with the Business and Professional Women's organization from the 70's to the early 90's. It is when I, jokingly, told a fellow BPW member I'd vote for Hillary if she ditched Bill. This was the first time he ran for President. Then the infidelity scandals occured and I felt that Hillary didn't take the side of women being sexually harassed (something that women were still fighting strongly against) and these women were thrown under the bus - so to speak. She sold them out. But then, it's understandable, maybe forgivable to some, after all, she was also defending her position as First Lady. The heck with anything getting in her way, including protecting the fight on sexual harassment in the work place against women.

Today, I had another thought over this quandary I've been having with the Democratic party. I felt they were unconsciously selling out America. At least, I hope it's unconscious but thoughts do create. That's what got me thinking: what thoughts and what are they creating?

You see, it was not only my feelings but my logical mind saying things are not adding up. How can one profess to want equality for all, yet open our doors to other nations who don't feel the way we do? Especially those with deep cultural, or religious beliefs, knowing how history has shown us the chaos it can create through immigration. Unless that's their intent?

Obviously, as we know, there are deep convictions of those in other countries and it's understandable to be in shock or angry over our liberties that conflict with their beliefs. Some, seriously, look down on women's rights too. It's not unheard of for anyone to want to retaliate because of it. America has written history, in this regards, based on Native American issues and slavery issues. We must not forget how that turned out. Have they unconsciously invited negative karma upon us due to this history? Are some wearing blinders to keep from seeing this truth? After all, there are some who still feel we need to pay the piper.

Anyway, I'm still trying to get my thoughts together on my feelings but I know something's not right. Are the Democrats selling out America? Is Hillary Clinton? It's seems hypocritical. But then, it's understandable, maybe forgivable to some, after all, she is also defending her position as the first woman Democratic party presidential candidate. The heck with anything getting in her way, including selling out America's rights for women due to immigrating cultures who don't believe in them.

-----
Picture from "this is common sense" website.

No comments:

Post a Comment