Thursday, June 9, 2016

Famous or Infamous: The Plot Thickens

Today or yesteryear, the characters change but the plots seem to remain. Especially, if you're a public figure. Let me explain, if you will, what I mean.

I was thinking about my paternal great-grandmother last night and how she inspired me. Without her being our family historian, I'm not sure I would have been into genealogy. Her maiden name was Seymour and it was her work, along with my dad's sister's research, that afforded me the links to our family tree on the Seymour side (plus much more).

Walking in their footsteps was serious but rewarding hard work, yet it taught me something more due to it: you cannot be a genealogist without learning history. Yes, there's royalty, famous or infamous public figures, in my family tree, but there's also the negative in being one that goes along with the fame and fortune that can carry on lifetime after lifetime. Even with my "somewhat public" life, I, ocassionally, get pummeled by negativity. So, I can feel empathy for those who are far more public than I am. The paranoia, backstabbing, murders, and plotting within past royalty was often horrendous.

Last night, when thinking about my ancestry, I was reminded about something guidance had told me, some time ago, about my husband's soul. They said he's a man of conviction. A strong soul. If he says he's going to do something, he will do it. They told me a story about how he was asked to go around King Henry VIII to calm his paranoid mind during his later years. They showed me how he did it and I know it took all his strength to help this King against all the adversity he was going through, but to no avail. The plots and subplots, conspiracies and backstabbing, were never ending.

Never knowing who to trust, and being constantly on guard, can wreak havoc even on the strongest of minds. Guidance explained that my husband's soul had also been deeply influenced by helping that life. This is one reason he has little trust for most people. You really have to prove your worth. This I know personally, it took a long time to prove that I was trustworthy. Now I understand why.

Anyway, I digress. Last night, I was looking into King Henry VIII, Jane Seymour and her brother Edward Seymour, 1st Duke of Somerset (non-direct ancestors). I decided to refresh my memory about Edward's life. I won't go into details about it but it's a good read on any cold or rainy day. The Wikipedia link below explains a lot, but suffice to say, when I read it, it had me thinking about today's political plotting in America with the name calling and back stabbing. All I could do was shake my head. In a nutshell, Edward lost his head, figuratively and literally, over being who he was: a royal involved with other royals and their paranoid schemes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Seymour,_1st_Duke_of_Somerset

If you look at that time period, you'll see an enormous amount of political and religious unrest. Sound familiar? See, some things never change. Based on America's current political season, many still haven't learned to handle their opposition with anything but the same things that were done in the past: plotting, mayhem and maybe even murder. History repeats itself because of soul programming and what we don't know can be used against us.

It's something the greatest prophets knew and why their predictions were timeless. Yes, we make them look great. Our plots (desires) seem to remain even when we're new characters in a new time: a neverending story. And, it's not just with public figures or royalty; they're just more notable and more easily recorded for history. However, being famous or infamous, past or present, can often make them easier targets for subjective and projected thoughts, as well as possession, possibly leading to losing their minds, their heads, or both.

And the plot thickens.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this article. The Seymour's are collateral ancestors of mine as well. I'm starting to see the metaphysical implications of my family genealogy unfold. It's true history does seem to repeat itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. A family connection. Thanks for sharing. ☺

      Delete