Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Taking Care of Oneself

Occasionally, I like to share the wisdom of others, especially from my friends. Janelle is not only a close friend, an avid student of the universe, but also an artist on a couple of my books. She wrote this (below) last year on social media and gave me permission to share it, but today I decided to put it on my blog when I read it again. It's a good reminder to be loyal to those who deserve it, especially to oneself.

~~~~~~~~~~
Taking Care of Oneself - Janelle Wilson (12-14-15)

I have learned that there is a time to let go to take care of oneself. There is no selfishness in letting go when another wishes to ignore help.

There is also no shame in rationalizing that worry and anxiety will solve nothing.

Compassion however is selfless and an act of love, and it's what keeps people together.

In this life, I've learned that I may not be the person, event, or teacher to walk others to the help they need.

In order to take care of oneself, we must let go when it is necessary, even if it isn't easy.

If I understood this years ago, I would have saved myself heartache from those who could have cared less about how harmful they were to themselves and others.

I don't believe anyone needs to hold on to toxic people. I know this because I understand there are those who don't wish to try, and no amount of love can force change.

People have to want to change.

I hope that this insight may help others who are having a rough time on the holidays due to whatever reason.

Keep smiling and be grateful.
Love even if you don't like.
Be gentle to yourself.
~~~~~~~~~~

This picture, of Janelle, was taken in 2014 at Daytona Beach, Florida. It was on her second visit here to see my husband and I since we first met, via YouTube, years before. She has a wonderful sense of humor along with her philosophical and serious side. Besides the artwork she did for me, you can see more on her website: http://weisseedelweiss.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment