Saturday, August 4, 2012

Be the Ant!

I got to thinking today why a world of so much intelligence is still in turmoil. Then I started looking at a lot of tweets on Twitter and I had an epiphany of sorts.

In my humble opinion, the problem with why things seem chaotic and unresolved in the world is that we all have our own agendas (egos). If you ever want to see what I mean, you read the Twitter tweets for just a couple of hours. Enlightening.

To continue, not unlike an ant colony which has ants doing different things but with one agenda. They place all their energy into getting the job done and if anything gets in the way, they send all the energy they can to the problem and resolve it.

Can you imagine if the world concentrated on a few problem areas at the time, placed all their energy into resolving things collectively and then decided what needed to be resolved next and then do it, what great team work we would have?

Look at what it takes to build a building. We seem capable of doing that with team work. What about international team work?

We can and have been capable of doing many things when crisis puts us to task. However, why do we need a crisis? Where's the collective thought that each nation can agree upon to keep peace on this planet? Oh, I know, ego again. It's my way or the highway.

Can we come to a conclusion that so many different agendas has us scurrying around like ants, resolving nothing because of it? Oh wait! Not ants, as they have one collective mind for one agenda.

People seem to be so worried about a new world order when they cannot even keep order within and around them. Maybe the ants have something.

And we humans call "ourselves" smart. Hmmmm....but we are smart, aren't we?

Instead of me, me, me we should all be about we, we, we! Twitter tweets - all about me and not about we. Well, unless "me" is at the front of the line.

Understand grasshopper? Be the ant! Well, not literally, but you know what I mean. And with that, I will tweet this.

;-)
 
Aesop's ants: picture by Milo Winter, 1888–1956

No comments:

Post a Comment