Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fearing Change


No one enjoys any form of major change in their life, but, at times, change will occur whether we like it or not (or we would all still be cave people), because when we get stuck in our righteous rut, you can bet someone will yank us out of it. History dictates this, if you need more proof. 

I worked for Disney where their motto was "change is good," only because they made changes constantly in order to keep up with the flow of competitors - insanely so. Just as I got use to one thing, along came a change. Yes, at times I was seriously irritated, but once I saw the bigger picture and adjusted to the change, all was well again ... after several deep breaths. 

I wrote a speech once for a club that I belonged to that change for the sake of change was not productive but no change at all would be seriously unproductive. We had to be wise in our changes ... to know where they would eventually lead us. 

Since then, I've learned that it is the human emotions (collective thought/ prayers/ demands/desires/ wants/ needs) that promote change and, when any change is occurring, we should ask ourselves why did we want this to occur? What was the reason behind this collective thought of ours that promoted this change? Was it indifference or a desperate need.

As they say - be careful for what we ask (pray) for. 

 



2 comments:

  1. There was a period in my life where I was frustrated for all the changes occurring in my life (moving to a new country, changing schools etc.) but I learned that change can be good. Now I try to embrace every change that comes in my life, and of course, I try to make a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up with a father in the military, we were always moving. I looked at it as an adventure. Could be why I like traveling now. :)

      Delete