Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Dream With Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton

I had a dream with Trayvon Martin's mother, Sabrina Fulton, in it this morning. I was standing on the other side of a counter from her, and a young lady standing next to me said: go ahead tell her who you are. She knows, she knows what you can do to. Tell her. 

I said: you know of me? You know what I can do? 

She had a look like a kid with her hand stuck in a candy jar and walked away as if she didn't want to face me. 

Then she came back when I told her that I don't want the stand your ground law abused either. I just looked at her with that that look that said, I know what you're thinking. 

Then I turned away and walked out of the building. 

Afterwards, I felt she was carrying the burden of truth within her, that her mouth did not speak what her heart knew. 

I woke up and later and I heard: We do harm to "all our children" when we cannot face the truth about them and cover things over with deceit and prejudice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment