Monday, January 5, 2015

Dream: Don't Worry Dad, I Got This!

This morning, I had another dream with my dad in it. The parts I remember were me inside a house helping someone interpret some pain she was experiencing. Then I asked some people if they wanted me to teach them. As they were gathering in a room, I went outside due to a noise I heard. I stopped along the way to temporarily fix something that was broke. I walked out onto a porch, without rails, and saw a little girl playing in the yard. She was heading toward a yard barrier that had separated. I didn't want her to get hurt, so I scooped her up and put her on the porch. I suddenly noticed my dad (his older self) sitting there on a chair, just watching me closely, not saying a word. I thought he was going to stand up, hesitated but decided against it. I went back and started working on putting the barrier back in place, while thinking that I needed to get back to teaching the people in the house. That's when I woke up.

I laid there for awhile thinking about the dream. I didn't recognize the house, inside or out, or the people, other than my dad. I felt dad was watching and listening to things around me (us).

After contemplating some more, I realized that his not rising to help me was actually a compliment. I felt he was telling me: don't worry, I'll just sit here and keep an eye out and let you know if I see or hear anything you need to know. It was his way of acknowledging that I had things covered, even with being as busy as I was, yet he's there to back me up, if necessary.

Yep, no worries dad, I've got things covered. So far ... so good. But feel free to jump off that chair and join me anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment