Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Centrist

Occasionally, I've read, when I may disagree with someone: you must be a leftist or you must be right winged. I've mentioned before that I'm not left or right, liberal or conservative. I'm not party oriented because I'm for truth, fairness, and balance and not extremism on either side. I will clarify.

I "see" things, and have all my life, and have advised many because of it. Many, who have taken my advice, have expressed gratitude for it. Because of it, I might step on some toes due to those who didn't want them to listen. But it's my life too, we don't live on this planet alone, and, in a time of numerous sources of education, common sense seems to be failing many. It's like being book smart but not street smart. Also, not everyone has foresight and too many complain due to hindsight. I get weary of being part of the mess that collective energy creates, then whines about it later, or expects me (anyone) to clean it up. Don't you?

Because of this, I don't particularly like labels or stereotypes. Many are so fast to judge due to it. Yet, I realize it's necessary. If I were to politically label myself, I prefer the term centrist. To me, they're like a mediator between sides which is often needed when political parties have to be reeled back into reality. We've gotten into enough trouble due to extreme political butt kicking and kissing.

So, if you feel anything about me, other then what I shared, you may be reflecting who you are and your programming. In other words, I'm not left or right, I just may not agree with your left or right opinion, but the next time I may. It depends on that common sense thinking. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Wikipedia: In politics, centrism or the centre is a political outlook or specific position that involves acceptance or support of a balance of a degree of social equality and a degree of social hierarchy; while opposing political changes which would result in a significant shift of society either strongly to the left or the right. Centre left and centre right politics both involve a general association with centrism combined while leaning somewhat to their respective sides of the spectrum. The term is often used interchangeably with the Third Way, a political position popularized by Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and Paul Keating in the 1990s, whereby policies favored a balanced approach and the removal of extreme ideologies.

More here: http://uscentrist.org/about/party/what-is-centrist

No comments:

Post a Comment