Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Duality: Positive and Negative

My friend Sharon posted a link, on Facebook, regarding black and white and if they were colors. She and I have had discussions before regarding the black/evil and white/spiritual thing, but what if they're neither? What if black and white were neither? Like good and bad, they're given names due to our perspective and what we decide they are.

Today I happened to see her post again and I got this feeling of film negatives, from when we used to develop pictures and they had negatives included with them. I decided to use one of my photos from a recent outing and experiment with it to give it that negative effect.

Then I shared the picture with this comment: "I always thought it was amazing what a picture looked like as a negative. I did this collage with one of my pictures. Maybe white and black (light and dark) is only a perspective thing."

I'm glad we have our sixth sense because I've learned that seeing isn't always believing and someone's perspective of white and black, positive and negative, etc., may not be mine or another's. I've, also, learned that there are times we will not have the power to change something and will learn to accept it, even if we're unhappy about it. As my friend, Janelle, often reminds me: it is what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment