Friday, September 26, 2014

Cell Phone Making A Call On Its Own?

Not that strange things don't happen around our home but nothing phenomenal in quite a long while; which is why this occurrence was baffling and interesting enough to share. 

I was in my kitchen, yesterday afternoon, and my husband had just walked into our bedroom. Suddenly, I heard this distant voice saying something like: "wait for the beep, then leave a message." It sounded far away so I thought it was coming from our office answering machine or my husband had left the house phone off the hook.

I was calling out to him as I made my way to our house phone in the living room. I had heard the announcement again and I was still calling out to him as I picked up the phone and hit the end call button just to see if that would work. He finally came into the living room as we both heard it again and I asked him where was his cell phone.

Since we were getting ready to leave the house, he had laid it on the bench by the door leading out to our garage. He picked it up and opened the cell phone cover. We both could see his cell had been calling my youngest brother. He hit the end call and shut the phone case, turning to me asking me how did that happen?

I asked him if he had been calling my brother? He has never called him ... ever. He hardly calls anyone but his son or me. He told me no, why would he? Then he said: all I did was open my phone case, look at the screen, closed it and laid it on the bench then walked toward our bedroom.

I was looking at him like: right, you had to touch something. Yet, his look was just as puzzling as mine. I knew he was being sincere because my intuition was on high alert, yet suddenly I started feeling blocked ... still do. Why block me? Protection for me ... for another?

These are the steps he would have had to do in order to call my brother:

1) open the phone case (see picture/not his phone but the "orange contact" location is similar to his).
2) tap on the contact icon to open up his phone contacts.
3) locate my brother's name.
4) call the number.
5) close the case and lay the phone down and walk away.

I know he didn't do it. I know my husband like the back of my hand. All I can wonder is: how else would this happen? Since I still feel blocked from "receiving an answer" ... giving it some time to resolve itself ... then I don't think it's accidental. Science states there's an explanation for everything. They're more than welcome to explain this. How does a cell phone call someone on its own?

Why call this particular person? Someone my husband has never called. A universal message? Mischief?

Maybe it's not for me to know, in this moment in time. I'll just go with what my common sense tells me: no harm done ... move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment