Monday, September 29, 2014

Vaccines: Damned If We Do - Damned If We Don't?

Recently, some friends and I were discussing vaccines. After reading and hearing about the fears of vaccines over the last few years, and giving more thought on it, my overall current feelings about it is what one friend said ... it's a "pick your poison" kind of thing. This is why I decided to share my personal experience about vaccines, along with some things I discussed with them. 

Let your conscience be your guide. 

Yes, vaccines are giving you a modified "poison" on a miner scale to help you fight it off on a bigger scale ... to build up immunities to it ... or to destroy it if you already have it ... like rabies for instance. I understand that concept because a snake bite is treated with snake venom. However, what else is put in the snake or rabies serum, among other vaccines, to sustain it or control it; which we may consider questionable? Is it worth fighting over that substance and letting a patient die? Or knowing a serum could have additional chemicals or minerals that overall save a life? Do we become so paranoid and argumentative over the additional components and allow deaths to escalate or do we hope to stop something with minimal damage to human life?

The outcome is to save lives but I do understand completely that if it causes permanent, serious damage then we should go back to the lab and redesign our formulas. If this WAS the cause and not another human error elsewhere. We're only human and we make mistakes. We humans become the mistakes in our quests for perfection as well as due to ignorance. People who don't make mistakes, as far as I'm concerned, aren't doing anything ... that means we will all make mistakes in our lives ... including scientist in labs.

Maybe more mistakes could be made against us in epidemics. In an epidemic we don't always have the luxury of a lot of lab testing; humans may become the guinea pigs needed to discover what works or not. A good point to consider is how much serum should anyone have at one time? If we don't know, we are subject to the professionals that hopefully do know, yet who are still capable of error in our sometimes trial and error society.

All I can use is my personal awareness and that includes the knowledge of me and my siblings having vaccines along with my children. I, my siblings or my children had no issues. Are vaccines causing autism today when it hadn't in the past? There has to be other factors to consider. Things need to add up and they're still not. I, and my siblings, had twenty-six shots within three weeks. I was the oldest at the age of eight. We needed these vaccines in order to go overseas to live. I and my younger siblings had very minimal side effects for that many injections within that short period of time. The youngest was my sister who was a baby. I can't recall what all she had done but I do remember my mom being concerned about her running a slight fever right after we all has another set of shots, however nothing but a low fever or tenderness in any of the rest of us occured. The same for my children when they received their childhood vaccinations.

No, I'm not an expert, but that's my awareness and why I cannot add up what's going on today. What's changed?

Also, the fear mongering is outrageous. I cannot believe that every scientists is only thinking of deliberately harming mankind while working in their labs. They too may have family and friends that could need a life saving vaccine. They work everyday with the stuff that could kill them. Another incentive to discover the best means to saving lives ... their own life. We should all come down off our high pedestals and outrageous finger pointing and remember to walk a mile in their shoes.

As another friend said recently, who has a problem with people using the word natural, or organic, as a means to control others: "even mercury is natural." I agree with her. Peanuts are natural too, but many don't know they're allergic to them, or to what degree, until they're subjected to its natural or modified state. So you see, in nature there are things that can kill us but in nature there are things that can also cure us. Finding what counterbalances the other has been the quest of many past generations.

I often see comments about building up one's immune system as if that's enough to conquer everything. Even a strong immune system won't fight off something coming at us like the force of a semi-truck. We don't need to be ignorant or smug. We are not born perfect into this world due to genetics and we can aquire things due to environmental issues. Life has a plan to make sure we don't stay here in one body forever. When I learned that, I decided to just be happy the best I can. I find myself constantly amazed I'm still here after all I've been through but I'm appreciative that it wasn't worse. 

I'll leave you with this one last thing. One of my blogs was about Marie Swingley, a survivor of polio and a dear friend. She worked for Easter Seals and was always warning people not to become complacent with discontinuing the polio vaccine because it might lead to sad consequences. With this latest virus that is giving similar symptoms to polio, that's been reported in 40 states now, I think she may have made an accurate prophecy, especially if polio is resurfacing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment