Saturday, November 16, 2013

JFK - Remembering 50 Years Ago


I remember my mom taking me with her when she voted for Kennedy on November 8, 1960. She talked so highly of him; maybe because he was Catholic, as we were, but she just had to vote for him. The strangest thing was that, I found out later, he was the only President she had ever voted for; his assassination obviously hit her hard.  
  
I was a little over 12 years young that day she voted, but not too young that I couldn't sit on the steps outside eagerly asking people if they were going to vote for Kennedy. I remember one man chastising me about asking people to vote for him, telling me that it was a private matter. Later, he stopped by me, as he came back outside, to tell me he voted for him. I just smiled and said thanks. I didn't know this was called campaigning; I just thought I was doing something for my mom. 

Later, mom told me Kennedy had won (and carried North Carolina), but, being a pre-teen, I was only happy that she was happy, as I didn't understand this election thing. I just thought Kennedy was a handsome man that talked nice, his wife was beautiful, and mom wanted him to win. 

I watched his inaugural address on January 20, 1961. It was a school day but I was home watching it. I'm not sure if school was closed but I believe, if memory serves me well, I was home due to being ill. I sat mesmerized by the pageantry and I will always remember his words: "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." I wonder how he would feel about this country today?


Anyway, we were living in Winston Salem, during that time, but shortly afterwards the Navy stationed my dad to Tampa, Florida. This would make our second time living in Tampa, a place my dad had been born and raised (eventually died and buried), so we were all excited about the move and sad at leaving friends behind at the same time. 
I finished up my seventh grade in Tampa and, as time passed, in September 1963 I entered my 10th grade at King High School ... the school I was attending that day Kennedy was assassinated. 

I think his assassination made an impact on me due to several events that took place in my life leading up to that day ... the first being involved with my mom voting ... another was his visit to Tampa just before going to Dallas. 

It was a huge deal, to all of us in Tampa, when Air Force One landed at MacDill Air Force base on November 18, 1963. I think mom would have gone to see him if it wasn't for the fact that dad had been sent to Bainbridge, Maryland for training and she, not knowing how to drive, had no one else to take her. Besides, she still had young children at home to consider and the TV news did cover it. I'm sure that helped.


Dad was a yeoman with the Navy and was sent to Bainbridge to learn shorthand. I was taking it at the same time in high school and we would write in shorthand to practice on each other, but we teased mom about it being secret messages. She laughed and said she didn't mind as long as they weren't about her ... actually it was really him correcting my shorthand. 

My dad's temporary transfer, his being sent to Bainbridge, created an event in his life, as he told me later, that he could have done without ... more on that later. 

It was now the day of President Kennedy's visit to Dallas. We were still talking at school about his visit to Tampa. I was in my last class of the day, which was physical education, and our class was outside. The driver's education car pulled up and they yelled to my teacher. She couldn't hear them and instead of going herself, she called over to me to find out what was going on. I walked toward the parking lot, maybe around 40 feet from the court, and as I got closer to the car I was told that President Kennedy had been shot but they didn't know if he was dead. My face went white and I turned to look at my teacher to tell her but I could hardly speak. She saw me and started heading my way, along with some of the other girls. As she approached, I told her the sad news about the President.


Well, from that point onward, all I can say is that I was in a fog for a little while. I barely remember getting changed out of my gym clothes and taking the bus home. I believe it was my mom that actually told me that he didn't make it or maybe I heard it in school before leaving. I was still stunned. 

I could see the impact it had on my mom, too, and I was more concerned for her at this point. That is when I found out that he was the only President she had voted for and vowed that she would never vote again ... as far as I know, she never did. 

I still cannot believe he was shot on a Friday and all the funeral preparations were completely and precisely executed before Monday. It's amazing what can be accomplish with that many people involved and helping towards a common goal .... including my dad's help. He was one of the many military men that was chosen to guard his closed casket while people filed by to see it. His being stationed in Bainbridge allowed him to be there and serve his President, a former Navy man too, but in a way, as I previously mentioned, he wished it had been under different circumstances. I think he even had a newspaper clipping with him standing guard in the picture, but heaven only knows where it is now. It looked somewhat similar to the below picture. 


To continue, I didn't go to school the day of the funeral, as it was closed out of respect, but I was asked to babysit and decided to do so. I used to babysit to help mom out with extra money for the family, and I remember watching the funeral over there while the kids played on the floor in front of me. I sat mesmerized; watching all the pageantry and feeling the sorrow from the people. I was doing well with my sadness until the First Lady made her appearance with her family and had John, Jr. step forward to salute. The tears filled my eyes and I wondered if he even knew what was going on, being so young. I was thankful that I was occupied with babysitting, after the funeral was over, as it helped to absorb my time and take my 15 year old mind off the sad event. 


Finally, I will end this blog with one of the main reasons I wanted to write it. It is about a message I received after my awakening and during my severe, telekinetic attacks that occurred about twenty-five years ago. I knew I had many kind beings around to help me but the horrendous attacks continued and I was hopelessly lamenting about why that could be. How could I have so many spirits involved helping, so much love being shown, but no reprieve? Something wasn't adding up. 

One evening, I was walking down my hallway, towards my bedroom, and I got a message from John F. Kennedy. I felt his presence behind me and heard his words and then he was gone. I will repeat exactly what he said because I will remember it forever. 

He said, "look at all the love I had around me that day in Dallas, but it only took one bullet to end my life."

The feelings I also got from him was: you can be surrounded by love (protection) but the hate (attacks) may still get through. We are all doing our best. 

That's when I knew that physical beings were involved and not all from our planet. That's when I knew a battle was going on and I needed to do all I could to protect myself. This is why I decided to share my knowledge so others can understand what I do ... know what I know ... for protection. Even though I still get attacked for helping ... I will still share. 

Thank you JFK, wherever you are today, for helping me have peace of mind through your words ... when none was there before ... may your soul rest in peace. Even though the attacks continued, it helped me realize that I alone, as an adult, was responsible for my safety and blaming another was fruitless. I will be forever indebted to those that were obviously going the extra mile for me ... including him ... out there somewhere. 

Also, in this month of Thanksgiving, here in our country, whether I say it or not, my emotions are always of gratitude for those that show loyalty to me ... knowing the slings of pain and suffering could befall them ... but also knowing it is for a common good. I'm giving back, every day, in the best way I know how and with permission from the universe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment