Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sharing Memories


There are times I wonder about sharing my memories and pictures due to the circumstances of others and how they might receive it. I share because I remember the times I couldn't do things because of health and finances, but seeing travel shows and hearing of others' experiences gave me inspiration and made me dream of the day I could do something similar. It also helped me focus on working and saving so I could make my dreams a reality. 

This morning I got a private message from a friend, that I've known since high school days, that convinced me I was doing the right thing by sharing. This was her message (without her name for privacy). 

-----Message that was address to my husband and I (below) and modified because of my choice of keeping names private ... since I didn't have their permission to use them.-----

I would like to thank you so very much for sharing your vacation and sightseeing trips with your Facebook friends. I know that (name) loved it. I really enjoyed your pictures and comments and I was at home reading it, so I know that all of you really enjoyed it too! You are such a wonderful person Charlene, you share your life with others and are so giving in that respect. You and your husband (name) are definitely making wonderful, awesome, beautiful memories together and will long remember them through the years to come. Thank you for sharing your life experiences with those of us that would love to visit the places you two go to but are not able to for various reasons.  You have always been a good friend to me and I don't think you actually realize how very grateful I am for having you as my friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I do hope you will be able to rest up before Thanksgiving Day!  Your friend (name).
 
~~~~~

I remember something my first guide told me a long time ago: Do what makes you happy but be considerate. Don't judge what others may think of you and what you do for your happiness. If they judge you, that is their karma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment