Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blinders

My spiritual guidance can be frustrating but a blessing too. I'm always being asked to look beyond any limited thinking ... to remove any blinders I may be wearing.

Blinders are worn by animals to keep them from being distracted over something that can cause them to shy away or bolt in fear.

Humans wear invisible blinders without even knowing it.

These invisible blinders can be good or bad depending on its purpose. They can help one focus on a direction to be successful on a project but they can be the proverbial chains that hold us down or back due to unreasonable stubbornness, self righteousness or, as I said above, limited thinking.

Guidance has helped me remove limited thinking by giving me feelings of doubt and/or insight to push me to see more than I do ... or have been ... to see both sides of a situation before deciding anything.

The feelings I get are as if to say ... okay you just heard something but before you buy into it let's investigate. I already feel they know something more is involved so I do as I'm guided to do and find the justification in not making a hasty decision.

At times, I am guided to keep council with myself, as if the timing isn't right to share my awareness. Those are the times I feel that people are being given enough rope to hang themselves ... in a manner of speaking ... and I am told to be patient. At this point, I get a mental image of someone running around in circles chasing their tail, so to speak, and they're not ready to hear anything until they sit down or run out of steam.

Then, sometimes, I'm asked to share what I've discovered. However, even though I have help in removing my blinders by sharing things, to help remove other's blinders isn't so easy. Yet, the thought has been planted and that's all that matters.

I wish I could share just one day what goes on in my life (mind) because of it. I can guarantee that "gift of sight" will amaze anyone who allows it. 

2 comments:

  1. the "gift of sight" is not always a good thing to have, sometimes it can be disconcerting and distressing. However, there is always the flip[ side that makes it wonderful.
    Like everything worthwhile, theres two sides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. We know there is good and bad in everything. Seeing doesn't always mean it will change a person's reality. There are those who may find out their spouse is cheating on them but won't care.

      Delete