Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Discrimination? Hypocrisy? Segregation?

I don't mean to start a war over this, or maybe I do ... but here goes.

A law has been introduced in the USA, some time ago, that women can go topless in some states because men can. Women cannot be discriminated against ... if men do it so can they. Makes sense. Not that I will but it is a fair call for those that want to.

This also seems to be the argument given with gay marriages ... because if rights are allowed to one, we cannot disallow them to another. Again it makes sense ... do unto others and all that. Fair is fair. I'm allowed to be straight. No one is denying me that right.

This brings me to my question.  

Wouldn't that also apply to racial comments made within a race that are not allowed outside a race due to it being considered racial slander towards said race?

I dislike name calling, even though I've been guilty, in the past, of doing so when angry or upset. However, to say one race can call themselves a derogatory or vulgar name but no other race can use it, without being sued, shows a blatant discrimination towards the other races, as well as an hypocrisy, yet what's worse is that it promotes segregation which is what I thought no one wanted anymore.

Right?

Wouldn't this topic be based on an equal rights platform too, which is shoved in our faces daily through the media and lawyers who are itching for lawsuits?

Or ... is equality just lip service.

No one should be able to use any word that another cannot use ... for any reason. Who gives one rights on words over another?

Who made that law?

No comments:

Post a Comment