Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mysterious Bruises or Scratches?

A friend said recently that she had a mysterious scratch and I shared the below comment with her.

----------My Comment

My mom used to tell me that she couldn't discipline all her children all the time but God could. That meant every time we stubbed a toe or walked into something, she would say, if she saw it: see? Meaning we must have done or said something God just punished us for.

Psyched me out so much that I said I was either a klutz or a really a bad person. :)

Now my husband and I joke about it. He bit the inside of his mouth the other day and I said, hmmmm, what did you do bad? Or he says it to me when I do something. Then we just laugh about it.

I hear about all these mysterious bruises or scratches people talk about and you can imagine what I think about it.

Hmmmm.....wonder what they've done? ;)

---------End

I figure we can be fearful, humorous, or nonchalant about things like mysterious bruises or scratches. I choose humor or indifference because I know that most times I sense there is a more human reason behind things of this nature.

At least, I know it's that way with me. I have also been able to remind others, a few times, on how they've gotten an injury because they had forgotten. I know the mind has its frailties ... mental blocks happen to the best of us.

Also, most people are in such a hurry that they don't pay attention at the time something happened. Scratches and bruises can even occur at night and we may not be aware we ourselves did something because of our state of mind. We're not focused on it, as opposed to something that may have more importance at the time.

As I told another friend recently, I do a mental check just by saying, after a few expletives: that's going to leave a mark. It helps me remember how I got something. It doesn't always work, only because I may not have focused on it to help me remember.

I'm not saying that scratches or bruises cannot come from some supernatural phenomenal experience but many are innocently self induced. We have to be careful not to get caught up in the conspiracy storm and be more grounded in reality of what actually occured and not what we psyche ourselves into believing.

By the way, I know I'm a klutz and took God out of the equation a long time ago. We have to remember that not all is outside energy.

2 comments:

  1. I can please express how adorable it is that you are call yourself a klutz lol It's so cute! I've also heard of the supernatural thing, but I never attribute it to being so. Yet this is very interesting! I never considered that I may have hurt myself without knowing I did so.Which is strange because wouldn't we feel the pain? Makes me think that pain really is a state of mind rather than a state of reality *blink* or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we feel the pain when we do it but if we are really busy doing something important ... say like moving furniture or something ... we may not give it a lot of attention at the time. Rub it a little and keep doing what we were doing. Then a couple of days later we see a bruise and don't readily remember how it happened until we give it some thought. At least, it's been that way with me and some others I've talked to about this.

      Yes ... I'm a klutz ... it's because I'm a busy person and not always paying attention. ;)

      Delete