Monday, December 24, 2012

Facebook Friend Christmas Greeting


 
I received a lovely poem today, in an email, and something drew me to changing it toward Facebook Friends. It was amended a lot from the original. Enjoy.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
I have a list of people
All on my Facebook -
And every year at this time
I go and take a look.

And that is when I realize
That those names are all a part -
Not just a list of Facebook friends
But of my very heart.

For each name stands for someone
Who has crossed my path some time -
And in that meeting they've become
A Facebook friend of mine.

And once you've met some people
The years can not erase -
The memory of a pleasant word
Or of a friendly face.

So when I make a wall comment
That is especially for all of you -
It's cause you're on my Facebook List
Of friends that I feel warmly to.

And you've become special friends
That I have 'Facebook met' -
And happen to be those people
I will never ever forget.

And whether I have known you
For many years or few -
I know you have had a part
In shaping things I do.

So in this Spirit of Christmas
That forever still endures -
May it leave its richest blessing
In the hearts of you and yours.

~~~~~~~~~

Original author unknown
Adapted by Charlene Lerch 12/24/12









No comments:

Post a Comment