Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sadomasochism

I had an ah-ha moment today.

I have said many times while growing up, regarding the differences we humans have: to each their own, as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

This morning I saw something that made me think: hmmm, apparently there are those that seem to enjoy being hurt and those that enjoy doing the hurting ... as in sadomasochism.

This can be as little as silent sufferers, martyrdom, bullying, or to full blown blood baths.

Before you ask, no I do not partake, but I have been aware of those that have.

I have never been "into" pain, even though I have experience quite a bit of it in my life. However much I have had was never enjoyable and I certainly didn't find pleasure in inflicting it to anyone for any reason.

All I can say is, if someone is trying to convince me that pain is enjoyable, please stop.

So, now I will have to revise my thoughts to say only: to each their own, as long as they leave me out of their equation in any dimension.

Live and learn!



Cartoon: Family Guy

6 comments:

  1. I like the Family Guy picture at the end.

    Anyhow, maybe harming people that really don't like it is a bigger turn on for them. They're so unwilling and hurt more, and that fuels their excitment.

    Still wrong to do, but it's a theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought a little humor would help on a heavy topic. :)

    That is a very good point of view. I agree, harming another like that would be an example of getting pleasure out of pain. Unless the reaction is not want they want ... like indifference. I wonder if they would still get pleasure on beating an inanimate object? Hmmm ... something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likely not because the object doesn't feel pain but the person does, and that's the point of it.
      Would be nice if that were the case.

      Delete
  3. I guess that's where a strong mind comes into play - mind over matter. Sure been practicing that for a long time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but that sure is irrelvant to them. And therefore they'll never use an object for their pleasure no matter how strong our minds our. The idea is, we don't want it, so they'll push it harder, and we'll push back. Those reactions sure do boggle the situation.

      Delete
  4. So true, it like Newton's cradle. They push but our natural instincts is to push back or push away.

    ReplyDelete