Friday, April 18, 2014

Cannabis: Good, Bad and Ugly

Legal or not, I don't like "weed" in any manner, but to each their own. I don't like anything that can control me, based on some hard life's lessons. I like to have full control over my body and mind as much as possible.

Getting drunk when I was younger showed me this out of control situation and it scared me to pieces. I still have an occasional alcoholic drink but wisdom, or fear, makes me behave. I learned my lesson but, sadly, many do not. 

I'm the type of person who believes that one is considered smart when they learn from their mistakes but even smarter if they observe and learn from another's ... less painful too, hopefully.

Hearing about people driving high doesn't make me feel any better than hearing about people driving drunk. Under that influence, you can become oblivious to rational thinking. Malicious subjective thought can destroy anyone under that condition ... taking out others with him/her because of it. 

I had a subjective thought when I was in my thirties, while driving to work, that prompted me to think about what it would feel like if I drove my car into an oncoming truck on the interstate. It happened a few times until one day I thought: what kind of craziness is this to think that way? Those thoughts went away after that. I often think about that time and I wonder about anyone that is driving on any mind altering substance and how easily influenced they may be. Scary.

I'm sure cannabis is no different than anything that controls if abused or misused; even food can become an addiction. Anything can have an affect on the brain but some things more than others ... some deadly. I might get sick on too much chocolate, for instance, but can I overdose on it? Will it impair my ability to think reasonably? Maybe, and sensibility keeps me from putting it to a test.

However, maybe people are too blind to anything negative happening, due to the "medical" proponents hyping it's properties, which makes me scratch my head in wonder. I wouldn't want to stop anything from helping anyone if it truly works. I've been through the gamut of medications and know there's good and bad in everything. In the wrong hands, bad, or evil, things can happen and they normally do ... why would this be any different?

Maybe in moderation this could be medicinally beneficial, but is it all it's proported to be, including other benefits of hemp, or is this another way to legalize a substance that can be abused and taxed like alcohol?

Can it be beneficial by making it legal and taking the power out of the drug lords violent control and putting the control into governments?

Will prisoners be released from jail? After all, it was still against the law at the time. Will that change anything? I wonder. 

Additionally, we know smoking isn't good for people but we know people have been smoking marijuana for a very long time. What current scientific clinical reports, if any, claim they actually cured cancer by itself ... without any other substance being applied also? In addition, how many people, who have smoked it, etc., still died from cancer? Where are those studies? 

Many times, I've had "feelings" that this legalizing is a setup and not just for medicinal or tax purposes. I certainly am not one to jump on any conspiracy theorists bandwagon, but part of me wonders if it's just another way of dummying down civilization to keep the peon zombies out of the corporate hair that everyone gripes about controlling them? A hyped up placebo to enhance people to fall into the rabbit hole. One less idiot to deal with.

After all, who's going to bother anyone when they are happy and high?

Get it?

No wait! That's right!

Can't "get" anything if one's brain is in a fog.

I realize that people are going to do what they want regardless. I just wish they would invent a vehicle that couldn't be driven without a passing a test of mental competency first.

Maybe one day they will. Time will tell.

I've seen many things happen while observing life. So, I'll just sit in my little corner of earth and continue to quietly observe and see what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment