Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Unconditional Love?

Have you ever had feelings of doubt when hearing the words unconditional love? Have you felt an unrealistic burden because of it?

Maybe this will help.

Guidance has been telling me for many years that there is no such thing as unconditional love. The proported, and falsely stated, unconditional love is only because most don't know the complete facts ... including the reasons Jesus came to earth to teach (his conditions).

Just because we don't know what they are doesn't mean they don't exist. There are conditions placed on everything ... even subtle conditions ... some are just assumed or expected.

To me, telling people they are to be unconditional in their love of someone may open a door to abuse from another who will take advantage of their compassion or gullibility

To me, having someone tell me to love them unconditionally allows them to walk all over me and to have me believe I need to suck it up because, if not, I'm placing conditions on the situation.

There's more to life than most know but we are advised, many times, to ask and we shall receive. However, don't forget, it's not always the questions we're asking but the ones we don't think about asking.

Do you know what Jesus' conditions were? I do because I asked.

You can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment