Sunday, April 6, 2014

Veggie-Vegan or Meat Eater?

A Facebook friend had a post about the controversy of being a vegan, veggie, or meat eater. She being a meat eater, as I, discovered though emails that not all can tolerate certain diets. That many, expecting certain outcomes from veggie or vegan diets, including spiritual outcomes, were disappointed and changed back shortly after.

She didn't want debates or arguments but a sharing of personal experiences. The same goes for me.

What is good for one may not be good for another. We are each alike and different in so many ways. We have to listen to our gut feelings ... for what we feel is right for ourselves and not another.

This was my response on her post.

-----Start

I'm a firm believer there's good and bad in everything and moderation in everything is important for balance. I'm a moderate meat and sea life eater and I love my nuts, veggies and fruit.

Through research, I know that everything has emotions even plants. Maybe not human emotions but science has proven they can feel and do many things for their survival.

The Venus Flytrap is a meat eater. ;)

I wouldn't say I love animals but I have a great deal of respect for what they can provide for anyone or anything's survival plan, companionship, or enjoyment.

Respect is the key word because this was an important function of killing life for life in the olden days. One of the reasons our ancestors prayed after killing or before eating life. It was to give gratitude and not to ever assume or expect.

------End

I have another Facebook friend who explained the difference between killing and murdering. It helped me understand that killing is all part of a survival condition necessary for many reasons. Whereas, murder was purely unreasonable selfish ego.

Another friend, while discussing the feelings of plants, stated: "now we will have meat eaters posting memes about plants screaming. :)"

Too late ... already being done. It's all part of a check and balance system ... or to attack when being attacked. People still don't get it. 

I also know, through research, that populations unchecked in any species can be devastating. Everyone and everything on this planet has a purpose or it wouldn't be here. We sustain life through life. We remove life for life. Life is eternal but life is ever changing.

Don't ever assume ... because life's tragedies may show us the err of being pompous. No one is perfect ... no one ... and karma will be glad to show us the err of our ways.

Be knowledgeable.

Be respectful.

Be appreciative. 

Be kind.

Be intuitive.

Be balanced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment