Sunday, December 7, 2014

Perpetuating Government Involvement

Wouldn't it be more logical to stop asking "the government" to do so many things for us, especially when we also ask them to stay out of our business?

I hear this so often: what's the government doing about it?

I think: what are we doing about it?

It only makes sense that if we don't want the government, any government, involved in our life, we need to stop asking them to be involved in it.

Observation, over the years of seeing this type of mentality, makes me think we're perpetuating a very lazy and selfish society. The type that says: I want you to give me everything, but I don't expect to do anything in return, or want you to have any say in it.

I can't see this being allowed within a family nucleus, why would any government be different? Can you imagine a child telling a parent that they are entitled to things bought by a parent, but the parent can't put restrictions on it or them? Right!

If we're always asking for help, then we need to remember that sometimes strings may be attached to that. Think not? Try borrowing money from another and reading the fine print on a contract.

Still think that asking the government for help doesn't cause that "fine print" with our demands?

Still think we're not perpetuating government involvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment