Thursday, September 17, 2015

Easier to Change Attitude Than Color

I have many friends of various skin color, faith and culture. One of them is a dear friend, Mon, who wrote a blog called: "As vast as the universe." It's about her feelings of being black and dealing with attitude more from black than white, as well as so many other awesome things that I asked permission if I could share it.

Mon's blog is base on her insight and experience. Below are just a few excerpts to entice you to read more from it. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'll tell you something, growing up, whenever I had an issue, I don't think I ever assumed it was because I'm black.

I've had more issues with black than I have had with whites. Does that make me racist?

I don't ever base anything on race, simply on attitude.

I've never EVER, had a white person shame me over anything like this. Am I a white person lover? What the heck does that really mean??

People I will give my time to are those who are respectable. When we can disagree without name calling and actually talk about it, this is worth my time.

I've taken two stands in my life. One was to release myself of the bounds of religion in search of some truth. Two, to release myself of the bound of skin color and choosing to make statements that my skin color is what holds me back.

There's this thing going about that black people can't make it in the world. Who says this? Who make this true?

The idea of skin color may very well be an illusion. I've always imagined that if we were all similar, we'd still try to find something to separate ourselves.

I'm not sure what some blacks are trying to prove to anyone.

Why do you have to feel the need to be above someone? When in reality, you are just a small piece of something bigger. In this vast universe, (and I really want you to go to google and look at a picture of the universe) is this really the only thing you can worry about?

We can learn something from this. An ant is small, yet it feels it's purpose in life is much bigger than we see it. Does it make it any less worthy to life? No. Honey bees are small, and yet they provide us with life as well. A simple cloud in the sky, among many, is just as important as all the rest as it provides us with shade.

I'll say one thing, I think the reason why I've gotten along with white people, is because I see them as people lol I don't try to fight with them over something as small as something we can't control.

The thing that I don't want people to do, is to waste their lives on trying to change something outside of themselves, when in reality, the true changing was to be from within.

~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the link for the full blog.

As vast as the universe ...

http://monmia.blogspot.com/2015/09/as-vast-as-universe.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment