Monday, September 14, 2015

Manipulation 101

Many times, I wonder about the thinking of some people and shake my head. It's okay to show pictures of breastfeeding moms because it's "natural." And ... oh look at the cute baby ... that might work to shame people from having any opposing opinion. Seriously?

Peeing and pooping is "natural" too, folks, but do we really want to be inundated by pictures of it? Even from animals? Maybe we can just throw in a bear to distract us from seeing "this" natural thing too. That should do it. Not! You know thinking will go beyond that and eventually boundaries. It's called programming.

I'm still amazed how easy people are manipulated. Don't watch TV because the commercials are brainwashing but movies and social media aren't? Tsk-tsk! Thank goodness we still have a check and balance system that can help people from going too far into the rabbit hole. After all, having sex is natural too. Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. The whole breast-feeding issue is getting just as over-rated as the feminist issue. People take it to the extreme, and I'm getting tired of it being jammed in my face. I think the simple solution would be to just simply ask. Ask the person next to you if they would feel okay with one breast-feeding. It's not that hard! This doesn't just go for breast-feeding, but any other habits such as people who want to smoke, or people who want to sing out in public. You never know who you're bothering. Sometimes I wonder if people even care. It's just out of courtesy. Some women will say that it's not their choice, but the choice of their baby, when they will and will not breast-feed, which I get. But I think the people on the opposing side are simply stating that they know it's a natural thing, but simply asking for the mother to cover up this act, not out of embarrassment, but out of feeling uncomfortable. Breast-feeding is not taboo in the least. I understand both sides, but in order to release a bit of tension, compromising could definitely help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is about compromising which allows respect for both sides. Some people may like being inundated with seeing nearly naked men on social media too but I prefer not to. To me, I start thinking it's just another form of narcissistic behavior or another way to demoralize society. I'm far from being a prude but sometimes it become too much. It's the same as profanity. A little - okay. A lot - not so much.

      Delete