Sunday, July 7, 2013

BLAME


"Blame is giving your power away to another. If you want to empower yourself, you must not blame, but think of what you allowed, through the choices you are making, and how you can improve your situation."
 
This is what two of my first spirit guides, Danielle and Boyaed, taught many years ago.
 
Apparently, this subject is still being taught, via other teachers, because I read this quote this morning and thought, hmmm - the message is still getting out there. 

~~~~~~~~~~

“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something, by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy. " ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

~~~~~~~~~~

When I mentioned above that not blaming is still being taught, it made me wonder why, after over 25 years (when I was first taught this), that it still needs to be taught today? I feel I have said this statement, among many things repeatedly, to the point of sounding like a broken recording. Then I remembered the many other things that are being reiterated today ... including the Golden Rule.

I know there will be those who will think there are times that circumstances are not in their control. I will have to agree with them, as I have, many times, stated there are exceptions to every rule. 

We, as adults, count on those of knowing to lead us on the right path, yet we know this isn't always the case due to our accepting that they know more then we. It is the same thing with children counting on parents for the same reason. They know best ... or do they?

Yet, this, believe it or not, is still giving our power away to a "higher" source. It is no different then when we blame God for our miseries. We blame those of government, military, farmers, lawyers and even God, because we cannot look in that mirror and point at ourselves. 

Yes, we didn't know or no one told us. There are many excuses for the many things we attack. Why? Maybe it's because, deep down inside, we did allow it and we feel frustrated or hating the truth of this. 

It would be the same as babies being born into this world to parents who sexually or physically abuse them. They feel they are not to be blame, even if they did allow it before coming back into this new incarnation.
 
Too far fetch to understand? If you understand karma, I don't mean debt but cause and effect, one would wonder why anything seriously "bad" had to happen to anyone. 

Oh, that's right! As I mentioned above, because we still haven't gotten it! We still haven't understood about blame because we still haven't understood the principles of the Golden Rule.
 
Are we still needing to understand pain in order to appreciate not having it? What about all those past lives and our empathy for the pain from our past?

This leads me to wonder when are we going to get out of our Neanderthal way of thinking and get into our God-like thinking? It's not as if we haven't had many teachers teaching us how to remove pain as well as blame.

You see, as I mentioned above, we shouldn't even praise God for what He/She didn't do, no more then curse God for what we feel is wrong in our lives. This is still given up our power to another and as my teachers say, when I thank them for teaching me or helping me: thank yourself, for you allowed it.
 
That's why spiritual teachers (when we allow them on our path) direct us to "look within" and not without. That is the real reason for this statement; to look at ourselves when we have difficulties due to the choices we make. If I didn't put myself on this path to learn, what would I know today? I allowed this training, along with all that came with it. Yes, we can pat ourselves on the back for all the good; don't look outward for blaming the bad. 

The next stage of evolution is to stop the blaming and learn to do what you know in your heart is necessary to have a better life; not just for you but those in and around you. You may not be able to save the world but you can help yourself, first, and then reach out to help another, if you wish. 
 
Please feel free to ask a question or leave a comment. Wouldn't it be easier to say I see or I understand, then to throw hateful words around that only bring on more hate and blame? As you sow, so shall ye reap. 
 
Next time you want to blame something or someone, stop and ask yourself ... why did I allow this? 

Seriously! Try it! 

"Why did I allow this?"
 
Feeling the empowerment?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment