Friday, July 26, 2013

My Cat House Days


In the early 90's, I had three outdoor cats that each had a litter. Even before then, my family and friends called me the cat lady or we were jokingly called the cat houseThese litters just reinforced their feelings. 

I even had someone "dump" off three black kittens one night that I had to find homes for. Seriously! Why would anyone do that? Just because I already has a gazillion cats, what's three more?

However, no big deal, as soon as they were of age we gave them all away to nice homes. Some people, thankfully, took two home, in order to keep each other company. 

Thank goodness my youngest was working at Continental Airlines and all she did was post a note on their employee bulletin board ... "free kitties to good homes."

I discovered, from listening to those who came by to get a kitty, that cats were favorable for apartment dwellers, so I never had a problem downsizing the kitty population. 

Those were some crazy times and I would not want to do it again. At least, not in this lifetime. There was a lot of work involved to make sure they were well cared for before leaving to a new home. 

The thing I learned most from this experience, don't have pets just for the sake of having them, especially if you cannot afford their care. Also, get them spayed or neutered as early as possible as one can lead to many and many is way too much ... based on personal experience.

I feel very strongly about not having pets if one cannot take care of them properly ... mentally, physically and financially. Pets are not just to teach one's children (or us) to be responsible and to have something more to think of other then themselves; pets deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. 

Because of this, I choose not to have anymore pets. I've had my share, throughout my life, and I like not having this responsibility anymore. 

Yet, for several years now, I periodically get nagging messages off the universe about having a pet, so I thought I would share my feelings of why I do not want any. The attached picture will show everyone why I feel I've done my share of pet raising.

Please don't misunderstand, I love animals, but I like my freedom more. I like being able to go when I want without worry about pets as some of my family and friends do. What a relief to not have that burden anymore. Maybe that's why some suggest that I have a pet ... they miss their freedom or they're secretly jealous of mine. 

Needless to say, don't have pets because someone puts pressure on you to do so ... including those "persistent thoughts off the universe" ... unless "they" plan on seeing to your well being so you can see to the animal's well being. 

Yes, there are also those thoughts in the universe which I have taught in my blogs and videos ... subjective thoughts that can influence our thinking, too, especially if we don't know what's going on ... innocence is not always bliss. 

Think about it. We have breeders who sell pets. The more breeders that are producing, will make for more animals to sell. Very seldom are they given away, because someone has to buy them for breeders to make money. Anyone can be influenced by those thoughts in order to keep people employed or fed. 

See?

I don't have a big problem with anyone making money, but I lost a job once and then lost a pet afterwards because I had no money to give it the proper care that was needed. 

Live and learn. 

We need to think ahead and not get caught up in a hasty moment that can create more issues for pet and/or pet owners. We may want to consider less breeders and less animals. 

Why?

People that work at animal shelters, that euthanize animals every day, would understand this. I'm sure they would be happy to see their jobs disappear because we have finally stopped the insanity of pet overpopulation

Having an epiphany moment: Maybe if we stop overpopulation in all species, including humans, we wouldn't have other forms of specie elimination ... wars, disease, or famine. Don't sense that happening anytime soon either. 

Anyway, that's my thought I'm putting into the universe. No more pets for me! No more cat houses! I'm done with that experience! More power to others who want to, however I don't. Hopefully, now I will get those pesky thoughts out of my mind.

Or ... maybe I just stir up some "bet me" trouble. ;-)
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that's many a kitty!

    I agree, I think this same talk needs to be had with people pushing others to have children when they're not ready for them yet. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, overwhelmingly so at times. :)

      I agree. No one should be pressured to do that either ... ever.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Atomarane.

    I might have a problem here, and I really feel I need to talk to you. Is it ok if I e-mail you? It's a bit private.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can go to my website for more information. https://www.wix.com/atomarane/idps

      Delete
    2. If it's personal I can due private readings but its fee based. You can email me at Atomarane@hotmail.com for more information.

      Delete