Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Disease and Death: Unnatural or Natural Order?

I just found out, at my aunt's funeral (who recently died from complications of Alzheimer), that my cousin's sister couldn't make it as she has been diagnose with Lou Gehrig Disease. To say I was shocked upon hearing would be an understatement. The disease and diagnosis came out of the blue and no one else in the family has it. The two sisters are the only siblings and youngest had herself checked out and does not carry the gene. How does this genetic illness/sickness/death thing work? The ones that have something thrown at them, seemingly out of the blue, that may even have doctors perplexed.

One of those genetic mysteries of life, who will carry what gene?

Was that gene always there?

How or why did it decide to finally show up now instead of earlier or later?

My mom was the only one to get breast cancer in her family and my dad was the only one to get leukemia in his - that I know of. Alzheimer's was prevalent on dad's side but it bypass him. My oldest daughter has a couple of medical conditions that no one has ever had and she's similar in looks to me. It escaped me and caught up with her, I suppose. As she said, she just got cut a raw deal but keeps on keeping on.

As you can see, this got me questioning things like this again today. Could it possibly be a deliberate selective (bias) order and maybe not always a natural order involved - or is bias natural? If so, who points the finger and says: you get this and you go now, whether it be here, there or any dimension? Who decides? Is it the individual's genetic soul from the past, the genetic life of the now, or a combination of both along with current environment?

Does "someone" selectively come along, takes those thoughts of sickness off of one, (in order to heal that particular person) and puts the illness on another - in order to "maintain balance" in the universe? Heartlessly and apathetically stating: your number is up, oh well!

Or is it just needing people to be sick in order for other people to survive - to provide nourishment and protection for others? More balance? More cause and effect?

Or is the cause and effect a real and serious issue with the medical realm: non-disclosure of pertinent data of someone screwing up and not owing up to it?

Is it all a natural order of life or something deeper in determining whose time is up and why? Does someone really point fingers? If so, who points - who makes the decisions? Who or what decides to select whom to keep order and could it be bias in its selection? We are advised that there are no "accidents" in the universe. Hmmm...

In my training, I've learned that death to us (physical) is a continued life because we still remember who we are, and life elsewhere can be terminated into an new incarnation; a form of death because we forget. So what's the big deal? Life goes on. Correct?

My concern with this selective bias, if any, is: will only the strong survive or will we genetically mutate ourselves into extinction through some sort of "superior-minded" selection.

Is disease and death becoming an unnatural, instead of a natural, order in the universe, or has it always been this way?

I know, I know ... lots of questions. I've always been a questioner.

When I was younger, I use to say: God only knows and He's not talking.

Makes me wonder why that would be.

Makes me wonder about a lot of things.

How about you? 


 

2 comments:

  1. Is it maybe that we get to decide if we get a disease or not in the next life? Do we get to plan what we will be and what will happen to us in lifetimes to come? It could have to do with us. If someone thinks they have a sickness, is it possible that it could come true? For example, if I think that I have autism, will the thought actually happen, because I might think it's so true that my mind and possibly rest of the body acceps it?

    I hope tha wasn't too confusing, sometimes I ramble too much and get lost in my thoughts, and the autism thing is sort of real, I'm not completely sure until I get diagnosed. I say sort of because I did a research on the matter, and I have a few of the simptoms, but they decreased as I got older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of variables on what can happen during a life. Not all is written before because that would take awareness to do so, if done by an individual. Also what might be consider written could be rewritten or unwritten for many reasons. God always told me to think unlimited in things that can occur in the universe, so I do my best. ;)

    As far as thinking and that it will draw it to you, it depends on what obsessive behavior is being applied. Everyone thinks of all kinds of illness but they don't get all of them.

    These blog questions are rhetorical to stir up thinking. To truly know what one's journey was before coming here, one would only have to tap into those emotions. However don't forget, if a soul wrote something and an interchange of souls is done, whose journey would be honored then?

    See, still thinking unlimited. ;)

    ReplyDelete