Friday, February 7, 2014

God and our Baggage

I think we have too many misconceptions of God.

My mom was our religious foundation in our family. I grew up hearing her say things like: kiss it to God and He will make it better. God will do this or God will do that. I don't recall hearing her saying give it to Jesus, angels or archangels; it was always God. I'm not sure if that changed with my younger siblings but that's what I remember. I think she felt He was the ultimate source, why mess it up with the middle men getting in the way.

Maybe that's why I felt so strongly against telling my sins to a priest. Would he tell God my sins and not another's? If he screwed up, would I be punished for another's and not mine?

Like my philosophical dad used to say, if God is everywhere why do I need to go into a building to pray? He should be able to hear my prayers in my house or in a field. So why not go directly to God ... one on one?  If He's not too busy to see me, and He always has time for any of us, then why does anyone need to intercede for me?

Then, after my awakening to mind communication, my guardian angel/guide told me that this arrangement was to prevent too much coming at one being too often. He explained that guardians offer peace of mind from one being handling everything ... including the demands on prophets etc. We are too unrealistic in our demands.

Okay - makes sense.

Then one day, my mother in law told me to put my life in God's hands because of my telekinetic attacks. I received a message and told her what was sent to me. At that time, a tsunami had killed a lot of people. I told her: 200,000 people just died in Bangladesh, do you really think God has time for me right now?

Now, I know there will be those that will say He does. Let me continue.

One evening, I was having dinner with a very dear friend. Jeanne and I had been friends for a very long time and she had been raised Catholic as I had. We were talking about the world in crisis and the wars we were having. So much hate and violence everywhere. She said: why doesn't God stop this? I thought He could save the world. Why isn't He?

Well, my current training took over. I told her: we are talking about one being ... a supreme being ... right? Well then, put yourself in His shoes. You be God just for a day and go out and save the world. How would you like that on your shoulders?

She said she couldn't do it alone and I said: exactly, no one being can.

I think we have expected so much that we have become lazy in our expectations. Give it to God, or whomever, He will do it.

Then I saw this picture the other day and it summed up exactly what I've been feeling since awakening. Quit expecting God to carry our baggage. What He does is send messengers to us and they could be anyone at anytime from anywhere.

If you're waiting for God to save you, you may have just missed your opportunity. No, I'm not speaking about religious salvation; all roads lead to God. I'm talking about the kindness of a stranger, the help from family or friends, or the advice of someone that may know more than another.

When someone helps another in the best way they can, that's God's way of unloading the baggage another has dumped on Him. That's God's way of answering our prayers. If we are too busy to hear his message ourselves, He will send another to deliver it.

You'll know it because your senses will awaken with what was shared. And ... if you don't get it the first time, He'll keep knocking just to unload the burden of your baggage.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment