Saturday, February 22, 2014

Internet Drama

I've been a drama mama before I realized how detrimental it was to my well-being. I still have my occasional drama but I've learned not to dwell on it or live in it.

Today, guidance advised that posting extreme drama on the Internet doesn't always fix the problem, as some may feel, because it just keeps the energy stirred up like a tornado. Kind of like a child throwing a temper fit and the reaction it creates. Yes, it will get attention but doesn't always help, especially if the drama becomes a continuous energy depletion to those around us. Sure it gets it off one's chest but the problem is still there. Wouldn't it be more important to spend one's time and energy looking for solutions instead of creating more issues?

If I sense someone's asking for help but not doing anything, even with suggestions on what to do, I walk away. They're not wanting help, they're wanting others to do all the work.

It took me awhile but I learned to help where I could, when I could and however I could, without it becoming a drain to my energy. If I start sensing too much too often, I back away. This may sound harsh, but I've also learned that others lives are important but not as important as mine.

I learned that through guidance too: can't be here to help others if you're not here.

Sensible advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment