Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Not Everything You Hear is True

Last night, my husband and I watched The Buddy Holly Story and between watching the movie, and irritating him by singing along with the songs, I was looking up information about his plane crash death, etc.

I discovered a web page this morning talking about Buddy Holly and the distorted data of his life within the movie. What caught my attention was the title of the blog ... Stories: Not everything you hear is true.

Many, many times, during my life, I have heard that producers and directors took "creative privileges" during the making of a movie. As many times during my life, I've heard people say: it's a true story movie, so it must be true. 

Deep breath. It's as if people need to sensualize data to sell tickets. Lie and they will believe ... because we said so ... we are the puppeteers! Jeez! What do they care? The thoughts were seeded and the damage was done ... and they made money too.

Today, to cover their butts on their creativity, they now declare it's: loosely based on a true story.

http://www.buddyhollyarchives.com/2009/03/stories-not-everything-you-hear-is-true/


No comments:

Post a Comment