Thursday, August 21, 2014

Life Is Unfair!

I was listening to the news and hearing a young man talking about his life being unfair because he is black. I had a flashback of my life's sorrows, including the many times of being ill, or my family being ill, and not knowing how I was going to pay medical costs, much less pay bills or buy groceries. Sorrows that also included pain of multiple psychic attacks, including rape attacks. Many things I keep to myself. Yes, life can be unfair.

However, my life's awareness kicked in as I listened. He was young enough for me to think about his life and wonder: do you have any idea what's really unfair? Do you have food in your belly and a roof over your head? Do you have the opportunity to get an education without someone trying to kill you because of it? Will you allow your feeling of unfairness to give you a sense of entitlement and righteousness just so you can use it as an excuse to riot and loot? What about those people who suffer because of it? Won't they think life is unfair because someone maliciously destroyed their businesses? 

Besides ... who said life was fair?

Not from my point of view. Not from everything I've seen and been put through in my life. Did I go around whining about it? Well, maybe a little, now and then, through my tears. Tears I cried so often, I now say I'm dried up from it. However, I didn't let it define me. I did what I could to survive so I could right my wrongs, help others with theirs, and tried not to make more wrongs in the process.

How did I accomplish this? I watched the news daily and saw where others had it worse off then me. It helped me in what I call "getting a fair perspective on life." It kept me from whining about my life being unfair when I saw the tragedies of others. I'm not undermining this young man's opinion, or saying his life hasn't been rough to his standards, but my intuition felt his perspective of unfair was narrow; which could be due to his social programming ... his upbringing ... his peers. 

After all, what's fair anyway?

Is it fair when children get cancer and die young? Is it fair when they are kidnapped, raped, mutilated and murdered? Is it fair when young children get kidnapped into sexual slavery? Is it fair that so many people are being told they have a mental illness when something else could be involved; knowing it but unable to discuss it much less know how to fight it? Is it fair that women (and men) are physically or sexually abused? Is it fair that no one can walk the streets without fear of being robbed and murdered? Is it fair to children that they were raised with no father, or parents who are drug abusers? Is it fair that people go off to war and may not return, or return mentally or physically damaged? Is it fair journalist get killed doing their job because of psychopaths? Is it fair that a person may have to work two jobs to support a family? Is it fair that anyone live in fear that a virus could wipe out mankind? Is it fair for people to not trust their teachers or pastors? Is it fair that mental diseases are causing mass murderers? Is it fair that nature wreaks such horrible destruction on people?

Is anything really fair in life?

Everyone can have opportunities to better their lives, especially young black men who live in America. Let them walk a mile in women's shoes if they think life is unfair. If they want to see true unfair, walk a mile in a black woman's shoes. In my life's experiences, they have had the most unfair of all. I have women friends that are black but they're doing all they can to empower their lives, making the most of what they've received and not making it worse. Some trying to get an education while raising a child alone. What happened to the men that impregnated them ... leaving them thinking how unfair this was to them?

In the meantime, life is unfair ... it's always been unfair ... and under the circumstances may continue to stay that way with more situations then I've even mentioned. 

Really bad attitudes makes life more unfair.


No comments:

Post a Comment