Thursday, August 28, 2014

Be Happy?

Over twenty years ago, while meditating, I felt the very strong presence of our Divine Creator around me. I decided to ask: what do you expect from me?
 
He said: I want you to be happy. I want everyone to be happy.
 
I felt His disappointment and then He left. I wondered how we could achieve this and realized it would take more than this planet earth could give ... in this moment in time. Too many souls of different levels of awareness to accomplish such a feat.
 
Be happy? I felt overwhelmed by the thought of it.
 
Then I thought of what He said first: for me to be happy. That's so much easier to accomplish and maybe that's the secret. I felt as long as I was being happy, without deliberately destroying another's happiness, maybe that would work.
 
Maybe that's what He wanted.
 
Then, a couple of years ago, I saw a quote from the Dalai Lama that said the same thing. This brought my memory of that meditation back into focus. Even the Dalai Lama was saying it.
 
Hmmmm. Did he get the same message? It appeared so.
 
Once again, I felt that the message was meant to be "individually" happy. In doing so, it will react to others around us. Like listening to a comedy routine at a show. Like a pebble in a pond, it will ripple out and affect others. However, I felt, with the turmoil in the world today, a little pebble won't do it.
Maybe our Divine Creator needs to create a bigger ripple with a bigger object ... all help greatly appreciated. 
 
In the mean time, I'll do what I can to be happy ... in the many ways that helps me be happy ... as I was asked to do. 
 
Will you join me?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment