Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Death: My Name is Heroin

I watched a show, recently on CNN, about the increasing amount of abuse and deaths from heroin in America. The numbers were shocking. They were calling it a "heroin epidemic." My first reaction in hearing this was: what "possesses" people to self-destruct?

So many questions ... so many reasons. 

The news report made me think about my recent blog on suicide. When I had posted it to my Facebook timeline, someone asked if it could be a preordained life when people commit suicide. My response was: "There are paths we can take based on free will or something planned. However, with these plans things can change. Just as we plan to go to the store and we change our minds. Yet, we can be manipulated more by knowing less. People who are heavily into drink or drugs basically are giving up their free will."
 
I feel this is how it is with many of these debilitating drugs. It can cause a weak mind and will to live. Professionals know that we can't cure suicidal thoughts while still depressed with life's problems or drug overuse or abuse. These need to be resolved first. Yet, many leave therapy to fight their demons alone ... these thoughts that can stay with them even when life is looking better. 

Why do they stay? Why do they persist? Why do they continue to torment?
 
To me, a drug overdose is suicide and anyone into any drug abuse is destroying more than themselves. To understand my feelings about this, read the poem below which was written originally as Ms. Crystal Myth by Samantha Reynolds in 2000. It is being circulated using Heroin too, which is how I found it when researching what I heard on TV. It's the message that's more important than the title.
 
~~~~~
Hello, my name is Heroin. 

I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold; and if you need me, remember, I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door.
 
My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad. When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
 
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from God, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride. I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything: your family, your home, your friends, your money; then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live. If you try me, be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
 
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me. But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you.
 
You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away. If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave. I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
 
Now that you have met me, what will you do? Will you try me or not? It’s all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.
~~~~~
 
From my life's experiences and knowledge, any person doing this is already in hell. Yes, hell is a place; a place that's in their mind due to their circumstances. The sentence about going with them to their grave? Very true; your thoughts and torments go with you. You are not escaping hell; you're just taking your programming into another dimension. This still takes time to heal, whether it be there or here. 

When it comes to anything that anyone may feel is a preordained life, let this quote guide you: it's a smart person who learns from their mistakes but it's a smarter person who learns from another's. Thats why I refuse to believe that life is predisposed and we have no will, that people are always being punished for past life errors without having options, or this is some universal way of ridding the world of "uneducated low-lifes" without giving us the ability of making better decisions to save our world and the people in it. 
 
Lastly, if you ever feel "guided" to help someone in particular, never allow yourself, or them, to placate this destructive evil ... whatever their "poison of choice." Always seek out various professional help, educate yourself, and be strong for them. Because, it will take a strong, fearless hand to take their hand and lead them from hell. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment