Sunday, June 28, 2015

Judge not, that ye be not judged?

I've been reading how people are overusing the word judging again or more appropriately misusing it. I dont think anyone is judging by voicing their opinion. It's only calling it like you see it, based on discernment.

I see a cat being mean to a dog, that's what I'll call it, as well as intervene. But who am I to judge? Maybe the dog was mean first. See?

However, if I see someone mocking someone, due to being prejudice, that is how I see it. If I point it out, it's because I'm saying what I see.

If someone is being flippant, and I don't like it, maybe it's only right to point it out. They may not know they're being flippant.

If someone is being hypocritical, maybe they should be reminded of how it felt when the shoe was on the other foot.

If someone is being arrogant, it should be important to point this out too, especially if you care about them. Why would anyone want someone they care about to remain arrogant?

None of this is judging, as long as hate isn't in your heart. Of course, it's still important to be kind too, because we don't know what provoked any scenario. Besides, if someone calls me out for mocking, being prejudice, flippant, a hypocrite or arrogant, than God bless them for showing me the way.

I'll remember to do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment