Thursday, June 11, 2015

Warriors Souls

Yesterday, I saw this meme and it reminded me of a dear friend. I met him nearly six years ago, through YouTube, when he was an older teen and suicidal. We spent many hours writing back and forth, and talking on Skype, while I did all I could to help him understand life. We don't communicate as we once did, just every now and then. Sometimes it's only to share or vent.

Of course, that's as it should be because he's stronger today. Even though he knows trials and tribulations are part of life, he handles them much better. His mental and spiritual change has greatly improved with understanding life and being more accepting of his life. The parts he can't or won't accept are understandable and we've problem solved them to help ease the path. He's learn to face his fears and overcome them.

He used to tell me he liked the Rocky movies and songs, so I sent the picture with a comment about me remembering he liked Rocky for inspiration.

He wrote me back telling me: "Beautiful. Thank you very much. I hope I continue being a nice and caring guy to all those close to me, family, friends, and girlfriend. No matter what they do, I must be kind and fight life."

He shared that he's paying it forward, because he's helping his girlfriend with what he's learned. I thought: He's turned into a mature young man and it would have been a loss to society if he had allowed the darkness to take his life.

I wrote back and said: "Whatever you do in life, never give up being a kind and caring person. Be strong too. So many things want to take us down ... a lot of things ... which is what adversities wants. They want to find our weaknesses and keep picking at them to break our defenses. We can't ever allow it to bring us down to their level. They would win and we would lose our warrior status."  ;)

I've told him many times that I felt he had a warrior soul. They seem to have the most adversities and the most battles to overcome. Rocky knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment