Monday, June 29, 2015

Lost Soul: I Was Blind ...

Many years ago, I had reviewed nearly the entire spectrum of spiritual belief systems, looking to find something I felt was lost within me, until I discover it was me I was looking for ... my soul. It wasn't something outside of me, it was me.

Once I knew this, and all it entailed, nothing else mattered. I felt free, similar to what a caterpillar must experience when it morphs into a butterfly. I knew why I've always liked butterflies and my associating them with freedom. It's similar to my association of cats and independence because, even though I've been dependent on people most my life, I've had a strong feeling of being independent. However, this was curbed by my feelings of logic and reasoning. These are a few of my feelings that I was able to eventually understand. 

My soul journeying also helped me understand the chaos in our world today. Many times, we have to tear down the old to build up the new. It's always difficult to change because of ego and our fear of the unknown or of letting go. It helped release me of those fears. It helped me understand eternity, as well as understanding me and why I felt as I did. It gave me peace of mind, which helps during troubling times. It helped me feel sympathy for those who haven't been fortunate to know what I know. It opened my eyes to see the world differently. I was no longer a lost soul in a world of many lost souls. As the saying goes: I was blind but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment