Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ABC: Authentic But Considerate


At my first date with my husband, nearly 17 years ago, I told him I had something I needed to tell him about me. I told him I was into spirit communication, with the emphasis of "just like prophets," and that I could not have anyone in my life that could not understand and respect what I know and what I do. 

He said he agreed and had no problem with it. We discussed his beliefs about it for the next few minutes and I felt comfortable about continuing the relationship. 

Afterwards, I asked him what he thought about what I had said. He told me he thought I was going to tell him I was dying of cancer and was just relieved I wasn't. 

Wow! 

This made me realize how important it is to lay your cards on the table ... to be yourself ... to be authentic ... but to also be considerate of another's beliefs and feelings. Being yourself should not mean being egotistical. 

Hopefully, like my husband, there will be someone that will compliment you ... if not allow them to leave from your path with love and move on. To me, being by myself is more important then to be with another who constantly beats you down with their beliefs ... or beats you because they cannot control you due to their beliefs. 

Allow the light of yourself to shine and not be diminished by self loathing or hate of others. 

Keep things in perspective, too, when judging yourself or another. 

Is being psychic (or whatever) worse then dying of cancer?  





No comments:

Post a Comment