Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Thief of Anger

I recently shared my feelings (below) with someone on Facebook, regarding anger, and thought I'd share it here too. It was about a meme I posted: "No one makes you angry, you decide to use anger as a response." 

Attached to it, I had written: One of my guides taught me this. She said ... no one makes you angry, you allow yourself to be angry.

---- Comment
It takes practice but the minute someone says something that triggers anger in me, I try to step back away from the anger portion and ask myself if this person is worth me getting ill over.
---- End

Anger takes away our peace of mind which can affect our physical well being. Is this person or thing worth giving one's power over to them? Anger doesn't just steal our nice moments, it may eventually steal our life ... our soul.

To me, that's like giving the devil it's due, so to speak. No thank you!

Do I still get angry? Rarely, but sometimes, like crying or venting, a little civilized heated debate can be cathartic. However, it can become less necessary, for that type of emotional release, due to knowing better. Moving away from our primitive soul takes time, patience and education ... as well as wanting to do so.

Anger is fear based. The trick is to find out what triggers anger in you ... what are you fearing ... and do what you can to handle it differently. It's no different then being bullied but learning to retaliate with a different attitude then they expected ... which is like dowsing a fire before it gets out of control.

One example: I learned, to avoid a possible heated argument that could lead to sad consequences, by agreeing with them, but with an attitude. "Yes,  you must be right. What do I know?"

Then, if I don't walk away, I may just stand there and face them down with a stare ... not taking my eyes off of them. Many people have told me I have a stare like an eagle or hawk ... looking right through them.

I am ... I'm looking into their soul to monitor my next move or reaction ... reading them ... calming my emotions ... and, if necessary ... stealing my soul back.

No comments:

Post a Comment