Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Politics: Tribal Mentality?

There are times I see a shared Facebook post and immediately go to the comments from the orginal posting. It can be very "educational." As I read them, I often decide to turn up my empathic abilities in order to sense any truth in what they wrote. In other words, do they know what they're talking about or not?

Yesterday, I read something that had me shaking my head and wondering the path many are taking in their lack of thinking or reasoning. Thankfully, I read more intelligent comments trying to straighten them out, but I often think: isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

For instance, this man went into a big explanation of tribal mentality and how damaging it can be because it separates us. Yet, we have tribes to protect us against our enemies. (Okay, so far so good.) Yet, he ended it with a hateful comment about Trump's followers and their tribal mentality. That's when I thought - huh?!  Wouldn't that apply to any politician or person and their tribe? 

For instance, if Trump's tribe isn't causing a ruckus at his opponent's "tribal meetings" but other's are doing so at Trump's "tribal meetings," what does that say for the opposing tribe's mentality? My feelings are hurt, so I'm going to cause a disruption by throwing a temper fit in someone else's home? Really? And this, apparently, sounds logical?

Furthermore, I watch the news media's discussions panels. I read social media comments. I see with my eyes and do all I can to feel with an unbiased heart because my emotions aren't linked with any particular person. I only want the truth based on facts and not someone's chip on their shoulder. Something I was taught by guidance - to see beyond the dust storm. In doing so, I'm often reminded of what my ex used to say: some people are ate up with the dumb ass.

Lastly, I decided to blog my feelings because it wouldn't be logical, on my part, to respond to his comment. I've learned not to knock on someone's door when I know they're not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment