Monday, August 31, 2015

Can You Prove It?

Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground." This reminded me of the need to be sensible (grounded), while pursuing or proving one's ideas.  

Many times, I see or hear people asking others to accept something that I feel is illogical, only because of what I know. Maybe they're not seeing the full picture. Yet, their ego remains stubbornly unyielding, no matter how often errors are shown in their thinking. Perhaps it's due to still living in the past or their mind is in some conspiratorial or utopia present. It may be feasible or plausible, in their thinking, but can they prove it?

I've learned, if you cannot prove your point, you may need to revise your thinking or words. As General Honore once said, "Don't get stuck on stupid." Your opinion has to make sense if you want others to accept it. If they don't, take time to understand their point of view, as it may be your turn to learn something new. It's much more productive then grumbling about life or people being unfair, because they choose to stop listening.

After all, do you think proving something that's "unseen," with only saying, "because I said" or "because I want," would be accepted by logical or intellectual beings? No! It's only understandable that I, too, would be asked - can you prove it?

There are various ways of proving things, depending on the situation. I used a scientific method to make my point, regarding my research (see link below), but it took others' personal involvement (test subjects) for proof. Which is something Confucius said that made sense to me, "Involve me and I will learn."

Even in that scenario, it's still possible to have doubt from those who chose not to have any personal involvement. However, eventually, as more people have a similar experience, they too will become part of a collective, logical and tangible proof for believability.

I believe, if it's important enough, one should take the time to prove what they believe in, but not at the detriment of one's health. Is it truly worth becoming obsessed or possesed over proving something, to become physically or mentally ill? I, certainly, wouldn't want to waste my time, or energy, on being angry at the world or carrying a chip on my shoulder, because people didn't want to believe me. What would that prove, other than I'm being impudent and unreasonable? That's when an irrational mind may try to force facts. Those types of "facts" have been known to kill innocent people.

Eventually, even a scientific theory has to be proven or people will turn away due to the flaws in it. Something to think about the next time you don't succeed in proving your point. It may be the way you're presenting it, someone's not interested, or you don't have enough data to prove it. 

Eternity Proven:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/charlene-lerch/eternity-proven/paperback/product-13000593.html

No comments:

Post a Comment