Friday, August 21, 2015

Warrior Soul Scars

Yesterday, I received this quote in my emails: "A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." ~ Christopher Reeve

This morning, as I was awakening, I received this message from guidance: "People succumb to many different situations (that they know is wrong to do in their heart) because they're weak in body, mind or soul. They're still walking the path in becoming a stronger soul with each experience life gives them. In the meantime, even with those who are strong, they will still cross paths with the weak. Be patient with them as others have with you."

Then, checking my emails this morning, I received this quote: "Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak." ~ Thomas Carlyle

Interesting coincidence with these similar messages. These are a few of the things I've used to fight off my adversity, along with a strong will. I'm not a hot head. I don't look for fights. I don't pick fights. I defend myself. There's a difference. Many times the best fight is no fight. It takes intelligence, an inner knowing, along with being a warrior soul (as I've been told), to know that; to not be pulled back down to that level.

As Sitting Bull is quoted as saying: “Warriors are not what you think of as warriors. The warrior is not someone who fights, for no one has the right to take another life. The warrior, for us, is the one who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who cannot provide for themselves, and above all, the children, the future of humanity.” 

However, as strange as this may sound, it's actually the weaknesses in younger souls (minds) that creates a warrior soul and many have the battle soul scars to prove it. Anyone who's done battle, even outside the physical, will understand soul scars. You may not see them but they're felt as strongly and deeply as the physical ones.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....That's all I can say lol Actually, I can say more. These words are profound. :) Thanks for sharing Char.

    ReplyDelete