Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Can You Trust Your Intuition?

Recently, I was posting these memes about trusting your gut instincts, intuition, etc. and, afterwards, I started getting nudges from guidance that there's another side which I already knew. I just shrugged it off until, this morning, my hubby decided to tell me, out of the blue, about something he had experienced once. 

He told me a story about this black guy he worked with when he worked as a street sweeper for the City of Tampa. He said they worked in the same Storm Water Department but he didn't have much to do with him. He said he thought the guy was odd. Yet, it wasn't because this man said anything; it was only because of what hubby was sensing. Then, one day they had to work together during a storm. He said he got to know this man and was honestly surprised that he turned out to be a really great guy.

It was a great lesson that first impressions, or continuous impressions, may not always be intuitively correct. After that story, and with another nudge from guidance, I decided to share some things I've learned regarding intuition ... gut feelings.

I've had similar situations occur during my life. Finding out my first impressions or assumptions were off the mark. One such time was years ago when I first met a new doctor due to my company changing insurance. As we discussed my medical condition, a few times she yawned and appeared to be not as attentive as I would have wished. However, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and decided to return. I was glad I did. She was the best doctor that I have ever had; fully interested in my well being and working with me in healing. She never assumed that she was the doctor and knew best. She listened to everything I had to say and even, occasionally, told me she didn't know something and we could look into it further.
 
This was an eye opener in more ways than one. As I was already into mind communication, I felt as if I was getting mixed signals and decided to find out why. As I said above, this wasn't the first time this had occurred. I've met people that turned out to be really nice, after I pushed my strange first impressions aside and got to know them. Not to say that there haven't been some that were nice and turned sour later. This has also happened for numerous reasons.
 
Yet, this has taught me that we may need to question our intuition, especially if we're getting confusion. The feelings of doubt may not be what we think due to something I discovered after "awakening" ... we're not always alone. People have spirit family around them, occasionally or quite often, and this spirit family may feel they're guiding someone but could be hindering instead. These spirit family, or friends, may be living in their past life prejudices or desires. They could be influencing others, that they're around, because of their beliefs. They could be, inadvertently, sending the mixed signals we're feeling and unintentionally, or intentionally, blocking our thoughts or subjecting to us. Maybe they have developed a negative attitude, because they feel that someone's not good enough or too good for another. 
 
This interference can also cause us to like someone, in the beginning, but, as I said above, can turn the relationship sour. Similar to the adage of too many cooks in the kitchen making decisions. I've gotten to the point of knowing that bad attitudes can happen to the best of us for numerous reasons; mainly due to our programming or another's. At least, now, I know that emotions are not always ours and not always for our best interests.
 
Briefly, I'll explain a few examples where this occurred with me. Believe it or not, these examples were due to a spirit relative interfering due to their religious or strong beliefs. Three people dissolved our friendship without knowing what happened to them. However, another one, I was able to call and discuss it, which saved our friendship. The three relationships that dissolved were due to spirits thinking I was going to interfere in their religious ideology and their family plans or to prove a point that it could be done. The one that didn't, I was able to convince this spirit-grandfather that I wasn't going to be in the middle and it was up to this friend to do as she chose. In another example, I was counseling someone once and her deceased grandfather kept trying to block me in giving her answers. Again, it was due to his religious and cultural beliefs. I was able to explain this to her, so she could better protect herself. Sadly, it was a major reason why she was 40 and had never married, even though she's a beautiful woman, inside and out, and looking for a relationship.
 
In addition, I've also discovered that spirit family's confusion could be felt by us too. Unless we're aware of this, we think it's only us that's confused or having a mental block. This is due to their thoughts and emotions being too close to our minds. I saw this occur when my deceased uncle bent over to ask his physical wife, my aunt, who were these people? She was completely unaware that he did this. I knew, because I was already aware he was around and watching him. He had forgotten who I was and his consternation was felt by my aunt who was dealing with dementia and it immediately played out into her mind as confusion. She asked me who I was and I had to remind her. After that she seemed more at ease. 
 
So, the next time you have mixed signals over someone new or old on your path, don't assume that it's them, or only them, that's putting out these emotions. I've learned that first impressions, or existing friendships, could be maligned with outside interference. I've seen people turn angry and tell me, later, that they had no idea why this had occurred. I've often felt it was someone outside of them who was judging me. I've also had this happen to me, with others, and had to stop myself from reacting to angry emotions I suddenly started feeling. The difference with me is that I knew it was being sent to me. 

Anyway, why be angry? If I was being told that I was interfering in someone's journey, which they wrote before this lifetime, it would have to be proven to me first. If it was proven, I would be happy to explain this situation, work with it, or move on. Seriously!
 
Furthermore, if your intuition gives you doubt, subtle strange influences or a big wham over someone, find out why. If you don't know how to discover the reasons, there are those that can. After all, wouldn't the ability of having answers to our doubting or troubling intuition be better than emotions of anger or confusion?

Lastly, as far as that nudge I wanted to ignore? The universe works in mysterious ways, even if that meant using my husband to tell his story in order to tell you mine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment