Friday, November 13, 2015

Many Things Come With A Price

I love this saying by Rumple in Once Upon a Time: "Magic always comes with a price, dearie."

We don't often think about the things we do for others, out of caring and kindness, that we may have brought a little bit of "magic" into their lives by what we've done. Also, we don't often think about any side effects this may create from those opposing forces who didn't want us interfering.

This is the things we see with any service that provides protection. They may put their life on the line for being there for others. Yet, we don't often see the negative invisible forces that can still create mayhem in our lives for helping a stranger, friend or family member. The things that have us shaking our heads, at times, wondering who we angered and why. The things that can often cause malaise in our physical or mental well being.

Whether it is helping others with our physical sources, through words of comfort, or even a little bit of magic, all in an act of kindness, there will, generally, be an opposing force and a price to pay for it. It could be a price of various degrees but someone will be called to do it.

But, which someone? The real magic is in knowing who, if there are any opposing forces, and the price to be paid, if any, and whether or not it can be done by one person alone. I've discovered this one thing that has helped me immensely, and probably why I'm still here today after all I've experienced: If God brings me to it, he will bring me through it.

If I feel that I'm being pulled into helping someone, that's my clue that someone has, or will have, my back; even if a small price is paid on my part. It's understandable that I will want to know that price, if at all possible, because I don't choose to be a martyr. Also, common sense tells me that I won't be good for helping anyone if I'm not here. The price of magic works both ways.

2 comments: