Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Subconscious Golden Rule?

I believe, I've finally figured out this Golden Rule thing (do to others as you would have them to do to you).

Maybe it's a subconscious past programming we keep repeating, or not wanting to repeat, because we forgot about it or we're not being allowed to move on.

When someone feels the need to knock me upside my head over something, maybe it's because they want me to do something I don't want to do or stop doing something I'm doing ... because they do or don't do it. Furthermore, they expect me to do the same to them ... if they ever forget their programming.

Tit for tat! Watching each other's backs. Subconsciously, without conscious awareness of the whys or wherefores. 

Also, it may be just stubbornness in wanting to reprogram and others are trying to keep us on our original path and we're fighting them ... and we're doing what we can to reprogram them. These confusing thoughts lead to anger, while everyone is doing unto others, because they are subconsciously expecting the same in return and haven't figured that part out, yet.

Hmmm ... sounds like karma thing too ... cause and effect. We're just helping one another remember ... over and over and over again ... to "find" ourselves or to "remain" ourselves.

Maybe "doing unto others" because we fear change ... even within ourselves? A psychological battle of wills? Who will win?

It's kind of like telling someone: Look, I'm on this pedestal and if I ever fall off of it, you come along and make sure I get back on it ... no matter what. You know I can be stubborn. Okay? Do whatever it takes, even if it takes me a few lifetimes to figure it out that you're just helping me remember something I've forgotten. I'll do the same for you. Deal?

Only time has moved on and maybe the pedestal doesn't work anymore, yet people won't let you forget it.

Who's this dude that wants to keep knocking me upside my head?

But ... you said!!

But ... I changed my mind.

But ... you said not to let you.

But ... that was then this is now!

No wonder we keep battling with one another ... maybe even subconsciously justifying the "do unto others!" 

You see? We've fallen off our pedestals and can't (or won't) get back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment